Recently, Amazon is overcoming Apple to become the dominator of tablet PC market. The price of newly released Kindle Fire 7 inch tablet PC is only 199 dollars. Although it still cannot compare to iPad, it has already become a potential iPad killer.
Judging from its configuration, without Camera, build-in GPS, and with 8G memory, half of that of iPad’s, Kindle Fire can only get half points of that of iPad’s. As to software, it is only equipped with basic ones, which means it cannot compare with Android. However, all of those are not so important.
Amazon has not indicated that whether it will forbid the use of other e-book apps on Fire, such as Hulu and Netflix. The Kindle series have adopted a special and relatively conservative strategy, and it is difficult to tell whether its strategy or Android’s open one is better.
To set foot in a market occupied by 10 inch tablet Top Laptops, Kindle Fire is faced with competition with not only new 10 inch models but also previous 7 inch ones. Besides, Steve Jobs has considered that such products is doomed to be a failure once they are launched. And Kindle Fire is just such product. However, several weeks before when TouchPad was cleaned out at 99 dollars, it seemed that price was the very key factor, and Kindle is making use of low price. In fact, the costs of the latest model of Kindle is far less than that of an iPad.
Kindle Fire is priced at only 199 dollars while iPad at 499. That means mainstream consumers can make a comparison, and make a wise decision according to their demand and financial status. Kindle Fire is not satisfying enough in terms of hardware and software; however, most people using tablet PC is not for video chatting or making their movies. Our mobile phones are usually equipped with GPS and not having Bluetooth is no big deal nowadays. Thus, in general, Kindle Fire is economical and offer higher value for money.
What’s more, more than half of Smart Notebook users care most about its portability and they will not pay special attention to protection. Some survey indicated that 35% of tablet PC users used it in bathroom. In this case, low price product will receive more popularity than high-end ones. Thus, Amazon has already half won in price war, and the next step should be opening a new market.
Google Related Posts
- No related posts found
- PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w High Output Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3 4, iPhone 5 4s 4 3 3Gs, HTC Samsung Motorola Android Phones - white (1.000)
- Kindle Buffet: Find and download the best free books, magazines and newspapers for your Kindle, iPhone, iPad or Android (1.000)
- Anker® Astro3E 10000mAh Dual 5V 3A USB Output External Battery Pack Charger for Smart Phones, Android Phones, PSP, GoPro; iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad; Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2; HTC Sensation, One X V S, EVO, Thunderbolt; Nokia Lumia 900 N9; Motorola Razr; LG Optimus (1.000)
- Anker® Astro3 10000mAh Multi-voltage 5V / 9V / 12V 2A External Battery Pack for Samsung Tablets, Netbook, Digital Cameras, DV Recorders, PS Vita, Nexus 7, NDS / NDSL, GoPro; Smart Phones; Android Phones: iPhone 5, iPad, iPad mini, all iPad nodels; HTC Sensation, EVO, One X; Samsung Galaxy S3 (1.000)
- Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones w/ Microphone for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, smart phones, and other Bluetooth devices (1.000)
- Android News: Google Defend Android in Java Dispute (0.552)
- How Many Apps For iOS and Android System in last 3 years (0.552)
- Android Phone For Girl: Purple HTC Rhyme Book Price £396 GBP (0.552)
- Amazon Plan to Develop Android-based Tablet (0.552)
- Verizon's HTC Rhyme is On Sale For $199.99 (0.552)