TeamViewer is a computer software package for remote control, desktop sharing, and file transfer between computers. The software operates with the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X,Linux,iOS, and Android operating systems. It is possible to access a machine running TeamViewer with a web browser. While the main focus of the application is remote control of computers, collaboration and presentation features are included.
- All in one solution for fast, easy and secure desktop sharing
- Provides easy web based remote access
- Take full control of the remote system
- Access all the files and applications on the target system
- Optimizes display quality and speed depending on network connection
- Easy file transfer and folder copy with integrated compression for extra speed
- Set the speed or quality of display
- Customizeable quick support tool runs with no installation
- Clean and simple user interface
- Buddy list style tool to manage your connections
- No need to worry about configuring firewalls or routers
- Teamview Manager tool helps to manage your partners and invoice clients
- Secure encryption used on all communications
- Collaborate on projects by inviting guest users to your desktop
- Use to control servers remotely
- Easy and simple to set up and run
- Extensive online technical support and multi-national phone support
- A free version is available for non commercial, personal use
- 7 day money back guarantee
- Windows or Mac OS compatible
Simple setup. Fast display. All functionality in free version. Cross-platform: Windows, Mac and Linux versions. Video and audio conferencing. Whiteboard. Records remote control sessions. Ad hoc VPN creation.
Printing locally from the remote PC requires a VPN connection. No wake-on-LAN option.
If you’re looking for feature-packed remote control, desktop sharing, and presentation software, TeamViewer 5 is both the simplest and most powerful option. Businesses will have to shell out a bunch up front, but individuals can use it free. Either way, it’s a very good deal.
A PC, A intelligent Cellphone, PC Could Connect through Wire or Wireless.
1.Double Click TamViewer_Setup.exe , Begin to install.
Team Viewer Youtue TUTORIAL
Setting it all up
Setting up TeamViewer is simple – just download and install the package. It really couldn’t be simpler because the server/client are together.
It’s true that you don’t have to fiddle with the firewall, but since I have to do that anyway for SSH, I don’t really consider it a factor. YMMV.
Judgement: It’s been so long since I set up SSH / NX that I can’t recall any special difficulty on it. I do remember being a little confused on the server/client being seperate the very first time I ran into it, and I seriously can’t imagine how it could get any easier that it is with TeamViewer.
Slight edge to TeamViewer.
Just run the program and you’ll see how simple it is:
You get an ID and a Password to give out to the client to connect.
This bothers me a bit because I assume the ID and password are generated and stored somewhere by TeamViewer, and at least the initial connection must be made with their assistance. That’s a definite privacy concern, and, to their credit, TeamViewer extensively acknowledges with a 7 page PDF on security.
Compare this to the NoMachine NX client connection (on a Windows box):
Still pretty darn simple, although you have to accept the SSH key the first time you log in.
Judgement: This is pretty much a wash. Both are dead simple from the client side and the information required is equivalent. You either give a 9 digit number and 4 digit password for TeamViewer, or you give a URL and username / password (and possibly port) for NX.
I slightly favor NX here because it runs over SSH and while TeamViewer seems to have good policies on security and privacy, I feel there’s still a slightly greater risk in the model.
Slight edge to the current method here.
Big differences here and this is what may or may not seal the deal for you. The basic issue is that NX is a “view remote desktop” application, and TeamViewer is a “share a remote desktop” application.
This is immediately visible when you compare the results of a remote connection:
So, apart from the immediate color depth issue (which can be adjusted if you “optimize for quality” in TeamViewer) you will notice that NX only presents the remote desktop while TeamViewer adds a toolbar across the top.
Reviews From Others
A great alternative to this is Techinline Remote Desktop www.techinline.com First of all, it requires no installation on either end, and all the remote user has to do is open a page in their browser, get a number which they relay to you and you’re in! Their simplicity of running a remote connection is probably second to none.
How secure is this program? I’m always a little bit skeptical of freeware because security breaches are less likely to be noticed and accounted for. Currently I work with Remote Desktop software from proxy networks which is known for security.
The only issue I have noticed is that my mouse does not scroll using the scroll wheel – I need to manually scroll down the page. This by no means is a deal breaker, however, it is annoying, especially if you are use to using a scroll wheel and who isn’t nowadays.
Have you tried Teamviewer? Leave a comment!
Google Related Posts
- No related posts found
Incoming search terms:
- mouse not visible in teamviewer android
- android teamviewer tutorial
- how to connect in android teamviewer
- teamvier 9 digit number
- teamviewer how to connect my phone to laptop
- teamviewer on phone to control a game
- teamviewer using bluetooth
- How to break the Gameloft network authentication? (1.000)
- Why Milestone ME722 Battery Displays a Question Mark (1.000)
- How to Set Wifi Connect for Android Phone to Access to Internet (1.000)
- How to Obtain ROOT Permissions For Android 2.3 (1.000)
- How to install APK Application Software on Android Phone (1.000)
- Google Android 2.3.4 Updated Tutorial (1.000)
- How to Close Location Tracking of Android Phone (1.000)
- Android Bluetooth, Wireless Network, APN Setting Tutorial (1.000)
- How to Change Android Cellphone Language (1.000)
- How to Transfer Files Between Android Phone and PC (1.000)